Search This Blog

Sunday 27 February 2011

Electric Dreams

So my first post is some of my own work. I came up with these prints a while ago, I was inspired by ink movement in water contrasted with sharp electrical pulses. My style usually involves sketchy motifs so it was a challenge going in more of a digital direction! 



It was the first time I used devore to create this subtle effect on a lightweight silk, very successful although it was a nightmare mixing up the chemicals!
 I love the organic lines created when mixing heavy inks and dyes in water. It is such an inspiring starting point, the colours are so vibrant.


3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work hun xxx Jordan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the work chick, especially love your moodboard and the silk pattern! B-E-A-UTIFUL :) keep up the good work! xxxx

    ReplyDelete